The Wellycon team is pleased to confirm that Wellycon 2011 is officially locked and loaded for the Saturday 4th June – Sunday 5th June 2011 (Queens Birthday Weekend). For those of you that pencilled in this date you will be pleased to hear about the additions to this years convention.
1. Venue – We have secured our own dedicated venue for 2011. The venue is near new, carpeted and has a three conjoined spaces for us to use through the weekend for our events and gaming. Unlike past conventions the event will be dedicated to modern board games and will be bigger than comfortably bigger than Thistle Hall without being so large as St Pats College. All in all this is a big upgrade that will suit our purposes to a tee.
Level 1, Student Common Room,
The Student Services Trust Building,
For those from out of town Massey University is about 5 minutes from the centre of town on the way to Newtown.
2. Hours – Wellycon is over Queens Birthday Weekend and so we will extend our Sunday hours to 10.00am – 9.30pm for a full day of gaming. This will represent better value and more opportunities for all.
Saturday 4th – 10am – 9.45pm
Sunday 5th – 10am – 9.30pm
3. Price – We have made a committment to seeing the convention remain at $5 a day for individuals or $15 a day for families in 2011. You can be sure that it remains accessible and affordable.
4. Family session – This year our dedicated family session for 5 – 12 year olds will be held on the Sunday. This an excellent opportunity for you to introduce any young ones to a bunch of new games and to play with some new people. Our venue has an area with bifold doors to enable a safe and hospitable venue for our families.
5. Games library – Our library has grown again this year and there will be more games available to learn and play. This year we are aiming to have more avid gamers available to teach you classics and the new hotness, so don’t worry if you don’t know that many games. This is the place to be.
The Wellycon team remains committed to a fun, friendly convention dedicated to board games. Last year our numbers went well over 100, including 10-20 out of towners and we hope to repeat that feat again this year.
Andrew and the Wellycon team.